Provide high-quality meats and services for Tao Group Hospitality. The Butcher will use meat grinders, knives, and other tools to cut meat down into smaller portions. Must weigh, marinate, execute recipes and label and proteins to ensure first in first out standard operating procedures. Butchers will work closely with Sous Chefs and Chefs to coordinate protein ordering for banquets and regular day to day portioning. Butchers must be able to read preparation lists and order requests made by kitchen management.
- Cutting, grinding and preparing meats for service
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring labeling and stock making procedures.
- Keeping records, inventory, and ordering
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls
- Two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food Handling Certificate
- Education or food preparation or meat cutting experience.
- Ability to use hand tools, stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication, and task management
- Stock making falls under the responsibility of the butchers.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Previous culinary experience preferred.
- Experience as a butcher in a high-volume culinary operation preferred.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Ability to write and verbally communicate
- Must be able to move quickly
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working Environment
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment