The revival of Pastis was driven by two James Beard Award-winning restaurateurs, Keith McNally and Stephen Starr, who returned to a neighborhood they helped cultivate. McNally is the chief designer of the space while Starr and team focus on culinary and operations. Pastis features elements similar to the original such as the restaurant’s classic curved zinc bar outfitted with signature subway tiles, vintage mirrors with handwritten daily specials, and a mosaic-tiled floor. Guests can expect to find the classic bistro fare Pastis is known for, with a menu that offers breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch and dinner.
We are currently conducting interviews for Sous Chefs who are interested in working with a large, collaborative, cohesive culinary unit executing amazing food made with high-quality ingredients and integrity.
This position offers a comprehensive package including:
- A base salary range of $63,000 - $80,000
- Quarterly bonus program
- Referral bonus programs
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits coverage
- Dining discounts at over 25 affiliated STARR Restaurants
- and more!
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience in busy, well-rated kitchens
- Prior experience training and mentoring a large hourly line cook team
- Passion for training and development of others
- Attention to details of food quality, preparation, and presentation
- Flexible and adaptive to rapidly changing priorities and work demands
- Strong written and computer skills; including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Pastis NYC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.