Iconic NYC institution Buddakan now has an opportunity for a talented Sous Chef to join our team!
The surreal atmosphere of this awe-inspiring restaurant in the Meatpacking district combines the serenity of Asia with the flamboyance of 16th century Paris. Otherworldly art, ornate chandeliers and a bevy of gilded details kick the senses into overdrive, setting a dramatic precedent for fanciful, shareable pan-Asian fare inspired by multiple traditions. Dim sum, noodle soups, seafood and house specialties like whole Peking duck join a bevy of elegant wines and specialty cocktails on a menu made to suit any celebration.
This position offers a comprehensive package including:
Desired candidates will be:
- A base salary range of $68,000 - $85,000
- Quarterly bonus program
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits coverage
- Dining discounts at over 25 affiliated STARR Restaurants
- and more!
- Humble in their approach to learning and professional self-development
- Passionate about using Asian ingredients in a unique and exciting way
- Energetic and enthusiastic and possess strong communication and organizational skills
Desired candidates will have:
- Leadership qualities, including the ability to inspire, teach, and coach restaurant employees
- 2+ years of kitchen leadership experience as a sous chef in high-volume, well-rated restaurants and busy restaurant
- The ability to support the line during service while managing transition from prep to service
- Demonstrated excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with Asian cuisine is highly preferred
Affiliated with STARR Restaurants Buddakan NYC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.