Iconic NYC institution Buddakan now has an opportunity for a talented Host / Hostess to join our team!
The surreal atmosphere of this awe-inspiring restaurant in the Meatpacking district combines the serenity of Asia with the flamboyance of 16th century Paris. Otherworldly art, ornate chandeliers and a bevy of gilded details kick the senses into overdrive, setting a dramatic precedent for fanciful, shareable pan-Asian fare inspired by multiple traditions. Dim sum, noodle soups, seafood and house specialties like whole Peking duck join a bevy of elegant wines and specialty cocktails on a menu made to suit any celebration.
This position offers a comprehensive package including:
- An Hourly Rate of $16 - $22
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Coverage
- Paid Vacation Time & Sick Time
- Commuter Benefits
- Referral Bonus Programs
- Dining Discounts at over 25 Affiliated STARR Restaurants
- Opportunity for Career Advancement and Professional Growth
Qualified candidates will have:
- A true passion for hosting -- helping to create an environment where people not only have fun but feel relaxed, welcome, and connected
- A minimum 1 year of Host experience in a well-rated restaurant NYT restaurant
- A genuine nature; able to comfortably engage in a natural dialogue with guests and diffuse difficult situations
- Integrity and the ability to make decisions on your feet
- The ability to speak clearly and articulately on the telephone, providing information and answering questions for callers, while focusing on etiquette and conveying a sense of calm
- Open availability to work afternoons/nights/weekends
Buddakan NYC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.