Open early, Daily Provisions offers our take on classic bakery items prepared each morning, including signature crullers, homemade baked goods, breakfast sandwiches, and freshly brewed coffee and teas. Throughout the afternoon and evening, Daily Provisions serves made-to-order sandwiches, salads, and seasonal sides, in addition to comforting dishes like our slow-roasted Roast Chicken (best served alongside our selection of cocktails, wine, and beer).
We have five locations across Manhattan: Union Square, Upper West Side, Manhattan West, West Village, and Cobble Hill.
Who you are:
The Manager works closely with the General Manager and provides leadership and support to the Front of House and Back of House teams. The Manager will collaborate with the Managers at other Daily Provisions locations to ensure that we offer consistently phenomenal service, including best-in-class culinary, coffee and beverage programs. The Manager will educate and support the Daily Provisions team to create the best experience for all guests and the best work environment and experience for all employees.
What you’ll do:
- Cultivate a culture of authentic hospitality for all stakeholders that supports our business objectives and growth.
- Exhibit expert knowledge of the beverage and kitchen stations.
- Be a champion of Enlightened Hospitality to our guests for in store and digital orders, ensuring that the experience leaves them raving both during and after their visit or order.
- Maintain excellence and cleanliness of the store, ensuring that appropriate physical inventory is always available to employees and guests and that all staff is properly acquainted with appropriate CGS as it pertains to the cycle of service.
- Continuously provide support to all FOH&BOH staff and actively participate in the cycle of service as needed.
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies, holding employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary.
- Ensure that the Payroll process is completed accurately, on time and according to business/accounting procedures.
- Ensure DOL/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation.
- Provides feedback and guidance with excellence and hospitality in mind, ensuring that all team members have a pathway for growth and development.
- Consistently looks for internal and external opportunities to build our growing team.
What we need from you:
- 2+ years management experience in a similar environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job (preferred, not required)
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- NYC DOHMH Food Protection Certificate holder
- English fluency and Spanish preferred
What you’ll get from us:
- Annual compensation of $70,000, plus bonus potential*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.