Open early, Daily Provisions offers our take on classic bakery items prepared each morning, including signature crullers, homemade baked goods, breakfast sandwiches, and freshly brewed coffee and teas. Throughout the afternoon and evening, Daily Provisions serves made-to-order sandwiches, salads, and seasonal sides, in addition to comforting dishes like our slow-roasted Roast Chicken (best served alongside our selection of cocktails, wine, and beer).
We have five locations across Manhattan: Union Square, Upper West Side, Manhattan West, West Village, and Cobble Hill.
Who you are: As a Back of House Team Member, you have a strong passion for food, technique, and an eagerness to learn more, which comes with the opportunity to build on your skills and grow as a leader in the kitchen. The ideal candidate is friendly, curious, and devoted to becoming an integral member of a team that values hard work and attention to every detail.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for all aspects of kitchen operations, including preparation, cooking, and portioning of food.
- Maintains and properly uses all kitchen equipment including fryers, blenders, food processors, mixers and rotisserie.
- Consistently ensures that prep duties are excellently prepped, seasoned and cooked to the standards taught by Daily Provisions culinary leaders by the designated time of completion.
- Follows standard operating procedures of all recipes, techniques, and builds sheets of assigned dishes as taught by culinary leaders.
- Responsible for correct product storage of all mise en place, including labeling and dating procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining properly sharpened knives and tools and exhibits at least average knife skills in speed and accuracy to maintain a professional line cook's workload.
- Maintains a clear dish station including but not limited to chemicals, janitorial supplies, and health department standards and assists with deep cleaning schedule.
- Supports the team (Hospitality and Kitchen) whenever needed (e.g, call-outs, catering, etc.)
- Has intimate knowledge of Department of Health standards and uses them as a guide to keep kitchen spaces tidy, and to holds the team accountable.
What we need from you:
- 2+ years in a Line Cook position in a similar environment
- NYC Food Handlers License
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $18/hr
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund