Open early, Daily Provisions offers our take on classic bakery items prepared each morning, including signature crullers, homemade baked goods, breakfast sandwiches, and freshly brewed coffee and teas. Throughout the afternoon and evening, Daily Provisions serves made-to-order sandwiches, salads, and seasonal sides, in addition to comforting dishes like our slow-roasted Roast Chicken (best served alongside our selection of cocktails, wine, and beer).
We have four locations across Manhattan: Union Square, Upper West Side, Manhattan West, and West Village.
Who you are: The FOH Team Member will work in collaboration with our Leadership Team to drive service each day and inspire team members to work together and hold one another accountable. This position displays warmth and hospitality while supporting the full scope of all stations and performs all Front of House duties and responsibilities expertly and efficiently. The role could also include administrative work, opening or closing duties, or stepping in to needed roles in the restaurant as business demands.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain efficiency and grace with a sense of urgency throughout service.
- Use strong communication and listening skills to effectively deliver accurate messaging to both guests and all teammates.
- Have full understanding of all menu items and how each is properly served and/or packaged with the ability to complete multiple FOH stations, roles, responsibilities, and tasks.
- Acknowledge and positively engage all guests at the expediting counter while managing guest expectations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of enlightened salesmanship and seek opportunities to inform guests about additional offerings (pastry, breads, rotisserie chicken, and other to-go items).
- Have a general understanding of Department of Health (DOH) food safety standards.
- Carry yourself with a warm, welcoming demeanor when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Derive pleasure from providing hospitality and exhibit excellent emotional self-awareness under pressure while maintaining a warm presence.
What we need from you:
- 1+ years of experience in kitchens and/or service in a restaurant
- NYCDOH Food Handlers License
- Problem-solving and delegation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ideally in two or more languages
- Able to accommodate a flexible schedule
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift 50 pounds
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $15/hr + tips*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected hourly range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.