Open early, Daily Provisions offers our take on classic bakery items prepared each morning, including signature crullers, homemade baked goods, breakfast sandwiches, and freshly brewed coffee and teas. Throughout the afternoon and evening, Daily Provisions serves made-to-order sandwiches, salads, and seasonal sides, in addition to comforting dishes like our slow-roasted Roast Chicken (best served alongside our selection of cocktails, wine, and beer).
We have four locations across Manhattan: Union Square, Upper West Side, Manhattan West, and West Village.
Who you are: The expeditor is a liaison between the kitchen and service teams. This expeditor facilitates the process of delivering dishes from the kitchen to the guests in a timely manner, following proper steps of service. This position also helps to ensure that all food leaving the kitchen meets preparation standards and correct to the order and any dietary modifications. This expeditor needs to be comfortable working with groups of people under stressful, fast paced conditions.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the kitchen pass during service periods.
- Supports the kitchen and service teams as needed to uphold the highest quality of food, presentation, service, and timing, to create memorable moments of hospitality for our guests.
- Tracks timing on all tickets and checks final plating for proper presentation and modifications, if any.
- Maintains a clean, organized, efficient, and stocked station and work area at all times.
- Listens and communicates clearly and effectively with all team members.
- Embodies a professional demeanor in a very high stress level position.
What we need from you:
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar position and environment
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance & carry multiple plates, glass racks and or/glasses, and lift objects up to 30 lbs
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $18 - $19 /hour*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected hourly range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.