Perched sixty stories above Lower Manhattan, Manhatta serves seasonal, inspired cooking, and offers stunning views of New York City, its bridges, and waterways. Manhatta is a restaurant and full-service event space from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, combining sky-high views with down-to-earth hospitality.
Who you are: The Maitre D’ role is a vital member of the Service team, overseeing the flow of bookings to the restaurant, initial hospitality when arriving and booking reservations, and a warm goodbye. The Maitre D’ has a firm grasp on what is happening in all parts of the restaurant at all times during service to seat and fill the restaurant in such a way that maximizes the restaurant and supports the dining room and kitchen teams so that they can fulfil their roles with excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Create a welcoming and hospitable environment for guests whether in person or over the phone.
- Quote accurate wait times while “finding the yes” for all guests.
- Act as a liaison between the guest, management, service staff and kitchen and communicate accordingly.
- Work with efficiency and a sense of urgency while remaining composed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of reservations booking strategies and a working knowledge of all functions of Resy.
- Coordinate with management to “build the book” and boost cover counts while taking into consideration both the needs of the business and the needs of our guests.
What we need from you:
- 2+ years in a guest-facing restaurant role
- A passion for guest experience and hospitality
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $10 + tips*
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance within one month of employment
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
*The above represents the expected hourly range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.