Manhatta is a restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, combining sky-high views with down-to-earth hospitality. Perched sixty stories above Lower Manhattan, Manhatta offers stunning views of New York City, its bridges, and waterways.
Who you are:
The Event Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the execution of all private events hosted at Manhatta. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and has the clarity of mind to simultaneously manage multiple events in a graceful manner.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the execution of all events in the Manhatta space, ensuring alignment and clear communication between all teams and all details are in place well advance of the event date.
- Develop and maintain positive guest relationships by ensuring hospitality in all interactions, quick follow-up and follow through on inquiries and requests, and by serving as the main point of contact on the day of the event.
- Ensure that all materials and F&B products required to execute events are in-house, accessible, and in good condition.
- Accurately account for event sales in POS system, communicate discrepancies with sales team and accounting team.
- Implement and maintain private dining steps of service by leading training and ongoing education for all team members and providing coaching and guidance, ensuring that pathways for growth and development are attainable for all.
- Anticipate staffing needs within a 2-week lead time in collaboration with the event sales team and scheduling manager.
- Have the ability to perform as host, expeditor, bartender, and managerial duties at any given point throughout the course of an event.
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies and ensure DOL/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation.
What we need from you:
- Previous experience leading events in a similar setting
- Hospitality Degree or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
- Strong Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
- Involves standing most of the time. May involve reaching with arms and hands, bending and stooping. May include lifting and moving objects of 20lbs or more.
What you’ll get from us:
- Annual compensation range of $70,000 - $80,000, including bonus potential*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.