Alta Via Pizzeria (AVP) is the latest concept from big Burrito Restaurant Group and an extension of the Alta Via brand. AVP offers a fresh take on modern Italian cooking in a casual and friendly environment. We feature appetizers, pizzas, and sandwiches – including a signature burger. The drink menu includes classic cocktails, Italian and American wines, and beers with an emphasis on Western Pennsylvania producers. The newly designed space includes: a dining room, full-service bar, patio, and a take-out kiosk equipped with its own soft-serve gelato machine and draft beer system.
Line Cooks prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, grills, fryers, steamers, and other kitchen equipment. They follow recipe specifications to cook or otherwise prepare all food items needed for service, and portion food products according to standard portion sizes and plating guidelines. Most importantly, the line cook assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
Working in our award-winning restaurants offers you a great job and competitive earnings, plus the following benefits:
- 25% Employee Discount: 25% off the entire check for you and a guest at ANY big Burrito Restaurant Group location; 50% days offered at every location on varying days.
- Paid Vacation: Full-time employees accrue 10 days per year.
- Health Insurance: Medical and dental benefits are available to full-time employees as well as the option to enroll in Aflac insurance.
- Holiday Closures: All restaurants are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day (with possible additional holiday closures).
- Free Shift Meal
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
The ideal candidate:
- Has 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Has weekend availability.
- Can follow written recipes and supervisor instructions.
- Has basic knife skills for chopping, slicing, dicing, etc.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with others.
- Is able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Is able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).