At Mad Mex, year after year we win awards for our food, beverages and atmosphere. Mad Mex is more than burritos and guacamole (although we love both!). It’s a fun, casual place with legendary customer service and our take on what we call “funky fresh Cal-Mex” – which means serving the freshest food with the biggest flavors.
Line Cooks prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, grills, fryers, steamers, and other kitchen equipment.
Line Cook Responsibilities:
- Follow recipe specifications.
- Prepare all food items needed for service.
- Portion food products according to standard portion sizes and plating guidelines.
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served
The Ideal Line Cook Candidate:
- Has 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Has weekend availability.
- Can follow written recipes and supervisor instructions.
- Has basic knife skills for chopping, slicing, dicing, etc.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with others.
- Is able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Is able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
Working in our award-winning restaurants offers you a great job and competitive
earnings, plus the following benefits:
- 25% Employee Discount: 25% off the entire check for you and a guest at ANY big Burrito Restaurant Group location; 50% days offered at every location on varying days.
- Paid Vacation: Full-time employees accrue 10 days per year.
- Health Insurance: Medical, vision, and dental benefits are available to full-time employees as well as the option to enroll in Aflac insurance.
- Holiday Closures: All restaurants are closed on July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day (with possible additional holiday closures).
- Free Shift Meal
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match