Who you are:
Daily Provisions (DP) is searching for a Director of Training who will be responsible for the strategic design and implementation of a best-in-class curriculum to support our team members in strengthening their skills and advancing their careers. The curriculum will be connected with a clear progression path for advancement within Daily Provisions in alignment with our business priority to build and strengthen our talent pipeline. Through direct partnership with the Operations Team, this role will be hands on ensuring scalability, accuracy and impact of training initiatives.
At all times, the Director of Training embodies, inspires, and teaches skills that will elevate the beliefs, behaviors, and mission of Daily Provisions and the broader the Union Square Hospitality Group.
What you’ll do:
- Design the DP training program structure and curriculum.
- Update and validate existing SOPs, ensuring connection to the greater training program.
- Design and build the system of “training the trainers” that validates skills & productivity, and drives efficiency, excellence & contagious spirit.
- Develop and lead new location opening training that translates and emulates new hire training in existing locations.
- Propose training plans for both leadership and line level team members that incorporates both technical and emotional skills
- Collaborate with USHG & DP leadership to understand the needs of the organization and recommend appropriate trainings solutions
- Keep up to date on learning concepts and evolve the instructional design of the curriculum to support the development of a myriad of learning styles
- Ensure that the training curriculum is well communicated to the employees and meets their development needs
- Assess each training offering to learn more about how to make improvements
- Define success criteria for practical application of concepts (versus training feedback) and collect data to report on longer term success
What we need from you:
- Minimum experience of at least 5-10 years in training and development
- Experience in training and development in the hospitality/food/restaurant industry a plus
- Experience in content creation and training delivery
- Ability to create digital training content and deliver via digital platforms
- Superb track record in developing and executing successful training programs
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to train and motivate managers and team members
- Must have a proven track record of producing top results, delivering great customer service, and developing winning teams
- Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and other related business and communication tools
- Meticulous attention to detail and familiarity with traditional and modern training processes
- Multi-Lingual is a plus!
What you’ll get from us:
- Annual salary of $100,000 - $120,000, plus bonus potential*
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.