Union Square Cafe’s seasonal cuisine draws inspiration from the kitchens and tables of Italy, France, and Northern California. Union Square Cafe—the flagship business that launched Union Square Hospitality Group—has been one of the country’s most beloved restaurants for more than 35 years. In our second home on 19th Street, Union Square Cafe embodies the heartfelt passion and generosity that has been the restaurant’s calling card since we opened in 1985. Designed by Rockwell Group, our new home preserves the restaurant’s signature charm, intimacy, and familiarity in a fresh, contemporary dining environment. Union Square Cafe has won five James Beard Awards and earned Zagat Survey’s #1 ranking as New York’s Most Popular Restaurant an unprecedented nine times.
Who you are: A vital member of the Service team, the Support role encompasses setting up the dining room, setting tables, clearing tables, pouring water, running food, working with servers and expediters, resetting the dining room, polishing glassware and various tasks that support service at the restaurant.
What you’ll do:
- Create a welcoming and hospitable environment for guests.
- Possess an understanding of proper steps of service and engage in table maintenance and resetting with efficiency, speed and grace.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable of all menu items and proper mise to accompany each dish.
- Maintain the high standards of cleanliness and proper appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant.
- Demonstrates an eagerness to continue to learn and grow.
What we need from you:
- Experience in a guest-facing restaurant role preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to balance & carry multiple plates, glass racks and or/glasses, and lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $10/hr + tips
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund