Perched sixty stories above Lower Manhattan, Manhatta serves seasonal, inspired cooking, and offers stunning views of New York City, its bridges, and waterways. Manhatta is a restaurant and full-service event space from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, combining sky-high views with down-to-earth hospitality.
Who you are:
A vital member of the Service team, the Support role encompasses setting up the dining room, setting tables, clearing tables, pouring water, running food, working with servers and expediters, resetting the dining room, polishing glassware and various tasks that support service at the restaurant.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate a passion for food and hospitality with a sound understanding of menu items including preparations, ingredients, and plating.
- Follows proper steps of service, delivering food to our guests in an accurate, efficient, and hospitable manner.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the kitchen and service teams at all times.
- Ensure that the kitchen pass is stocked, organized, and all supplies are accessible throughout service.
- Supports the team with setup, breakdown, and any additional needs to ensure a smooth and successfully run service period.
What we need from you:
- 1+ years of experience in a support role in a full-service restaurant
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to balance & carry multiple plates, glass racks and or/glasses, and lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $10/hr + tips*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected hourly range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.