Who you are:
The Sous Chef works closely with the Executive Chef to maintain the highest quality and standards in the daily operations of kitchen. They ensure all pars are met in the prep kitchen and oversee execution of the menus throughout service. This position also has an active role in the management and development of Line Cooks, Prep Cooks and all hourly team members. The Sous Chef will be in charge of holding the BOH team accountable to consistent feedback and career development through their performance objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure high performance and maintain excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
- Ensure consistent execution of food and timely flow of service by directing the team and effectively expediting service.
- Educate dining room service staff on all aspects of food menu & culinary procedures through tastings and staff presentation
- Maintain positive working relationship with dining room leaders and line staff at all times
- Ensure that all recipes, product, food preparations and food execution meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to culinary excellence. To the highest degree possible, ensure that kitchen is kept clean, safe and up to all “A” level health code standards.
- Ensure all team members are appropriately trained to execute station properly, partnering with the Sous Chef team to make sure that all new hires are adequately trained before beginning their new role
- Provides feedback and guidance with excellence and hospitality in mind, ensuring that all team members have a pathway for growth and development
- Consistently looks for internal and external opportunities to build our growing team
What we need from you:
- 2+ years of experience in culinary leadership and fine dining
- Certification in Hospitality-related field, or equivalent (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating and communicating across teams
- Excellent food & beverage knowledge
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Annual salary of $70,000, plus bonus potential*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected salary for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.