Le Diplomate, affiliated with STARR Restaurants, pays sincere homage to French café culture, providing a comfortable, versatile gathering place that’s become an anchor for Washington, D.C.’s resurgent 14th Street corridor. Painstakingly built out of a historic structure that harnesses the artful spirit of a Parisian brasserie, the interior and exterior pay subtle tribute to tradition, imbuing every meal with a sweeping sense of European drama. The extensive menu features a variety of Gallic classics, including onion soup gratinée, steak frites and escargots, as well as daily plates such as bouillabaisse and cassoulet. A thoughtfully curated wine list and specialty cocktail program complete the transporting experience.
The team is seeking a skilled Sous Chef!
This position offers a comprehensive package including:
Qualified candidates will be:
- Humble in their approach to learning and professional self-development
- Passionate about using high quality ingredients
- Energetic and enthusiastic and possess strong communication and organizational skills
- 2-4 years of experience as a Sous Chef in a high-volume, well-rated restaurant
- Prior experience training and mentoring an hourly line cook team
- Excellent meat/fish butchery skills and know all properties of making stocks & sauces
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead-by-example
- A minimum of an associate's degree from a culinary focused university highly preferred
Le Diplomate is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.