Position Summary: Retrieves, dries and polishes all clean dining room/lounge service ware, and distributes to appropriate stations. Interacts with fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Support the dining room/lounge employees in accommodating the needs of the guests.
· Work with dish station employees to ensure adequate supplies are available.
· Maintain general cleanliness of station and entire venue.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· When necessary clean out all polishing equipment using proper cleaning chemicals and supplies.
· Change garbage, recycling, and broken glass bins when necessary.
· Empty compost into composter when needed.
· Ensure all stations are stocked to par and inform manager when inventories are low.
· Maintaining cleanliness of restrooms when bathroom attendants aren’t scheduled.
· Properly sets-up polishing station and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Stocks side-stations with prescribed supplies
o Performs opening side-work as prescribed
o Performs closing side-work as prescribed
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
· Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Stocker/Polisher training.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Previous hospitality experience preferred.
· Previous Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to bend, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time.
· Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
· Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
· Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
· Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.