Position Summary: Guides guests to appropriate table as directed by the maître d’. Interacts with the restaurant guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite, courteous and hospitable manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipates and accommodates needs of the guest.
- Maintains the general cleanliness and orderliness of the entrance area.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Actively takes and processes reservations for guests.
- Assists with incoming calls and answering questions from guests.
- Responsible for checking guests’ coats and other belongings (where applicable).
- Assists with setting up front desk area, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Ensures that all appropriate menus are printed and ready for service.
- Responsible for making sure all menu books are organized with current menus.
- Collects menus throughout venue during shift.
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
- Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
- Participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue host training.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Previous hospitality experience.
- Previous host experience.
- Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.