Now Hiring – Luchini Las Vegas a casually refined Italian-American restaurant, opening this fall within MGM Grand Hotel & Casino.
Responsible for the station’s workflow and ensuring meals get out on time by overseeing the cooking process from start to finish and determining how much time each step requires. Ensures quality and consistency of all food menu items, as well as demonstrates knowledge of all areas of the kitchen.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
- Handles all allergy and/or dietary restrictions and modifications.
- Prepare all restaurants foods, hot and cold. Responsible for working in all aspects of food preparation.
- Accurately follows all orders received from the POS system and/or directions from the expeditor.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of assigned station.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, and communicate with and support co-workers, while being a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of assigned recipes with the ability to execute them to company standards.
- Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Communicates product needs to the chefs and the support staff.
- Required to check cover counts, BEOs, and/or Fire Sheets.
- Properly sets-up station and performs opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Stocks station with prescribed supplies.
- Sets “mise en place” following FIFO and company standards.
- Wipes down and sanitizes station.
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
- Reports all breakage, and damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members, and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners, and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue line cook training
- Previous culinary experience preferred.
- Experience as a line cook in a high-volume culinary operation preferred.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Ability to write and verbally communicate
- Must be able to move quickly
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working Environment
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
ABOUT TAO GROUP HOSPITALITY
Tao Group Hospitality delivers distinctive culinary and premium entertainment experiences through its portfolio of restaurants, nightclubs, lounges, and daylife venues. Tao Group Hospitality acquired Hakkasan Group in April 2021. The combined company operates over 80 branded locations in over 20 markets across four continents and features a collection of widely recognized hospitality brands. These include TAO, Hakkasan, OMNIA, Marquee, LAVO, Beauty & Essex, Wet Republic, Yauatcha, Ling Ling, Cathédrale, Little Sister, The Highlight Room, Sake No Hana, Jewel, and more. Tao Group Hospitality is part of Mohari Hospitality, an investment firm focused on the luxury lifestyle and hospitality sectors.