Manhatta is a restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, combining sky-high views with down-to-earth hospitality. Perched sixty stories above Lower Manhattan, Manhatta offers stunning views of New York City, its bridges, and waterways. Helmed by Executive Chef Justin Bogle, Manhatta's constantly evolving menu takes traditional technique and locally sourced ingredients to unexpected places.
Who you are: The Executive Pastry Chef is responsible for all pastry menu execution and development for the restaurant. The Executive Pastry Chef oversees the entire pastry department, ensuring that the Pastry Sous Chef team has the tools and resources needed to lead their team and create high quality products in all areas of the pastry department. This person should have an endless passion for desserts, a great attitude, and exceptional work ethic. Successful candidates require great efficiency and focus, good communication skills, a pleasant friendly attitude, and a strong passion for hospitality and growth.
What you'll do:
- Lead the entire pastry department in ensure high performance and overall excellence & hospitality in the Pastry Department throughout each day’s specific service periods, ensure consistent execution of pastry offerings and timely flow of service.
- Act as a trusted partner to the Executive Chef, always maintaining positive working relationships and clear communication with Kitchen & Service teams.
- Develop all recipes, ensuring product, food preparations and food execution meet restaurant's style, specifications, and commitment to culinary excellence.
- Continuously provide leadership and guidance to all pastry staff and actively participate on the in line as needed.
What we need from you:
- At least 3 years of experience in a Pastry leadership position
- Certification in Hospitality-related field, or equivalent (preferred)
- An understanding of baking and pastry techniques, production and a basic understanding of how to use kitchen equipment
- Positive demeanor, ability to give and take direction, and passion for the food industry
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Annual compensation range of $105,000 - $120,000, including bonus potential*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.