Manhatta is a restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, combining sky-high views with down-to-earth hospitality. Perched sixty stories above Lower Manhattan, Manhatta offers stunning views of New York City, its bridges, and waterways. Helmed by Executive Chef Justin Bogle, Manhatta's constantly evolving menu takes traditional technique and locally sourced ingredients to unexpected places.
Who you are: Porters are responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and restaurant by keeping the kitchen and dining room areas clean, and ensuring adherence to proper sanitation standards. Porters are required to handle multiple daily responsibilities, display an ability and willingness to learn and take direction, and work in a team environment.
What you’ll do:
- Display cooperation, sense of urgency, house pride, and an unwavering care for our guests through high integrity performance of cleaning and facility maintenance duties.
- Learn and retain standard operating procedures for all sanitation duties while consistently following a timeline and cleaning project schedule.
- Partner with kitchen and dining room team to promote teamwork and efficient excellence in station turnover and end of shift breakdown.
What we need from you:
- Experience in facilities or housekeeping preferred
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive hourly rate of $18-$21/hr*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected hourly range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.