Manhatta is a restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, combining sky-high views with down-to-earth hospitality. Perched sixty stories above Lower Manhattan, Manhatta offers stunning views of New York City, its bridges, and waterways.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate excellent working knowledge of various meat and seafood products with the ability to perform proper butchering techniques.
- Ability to cut and trim meat from larger portions into smaller portion sizes.
- Maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the kitchen.
- Ensure DOH compliance as it pertains to the operation.
What we need from you:
- 1+ years in a butcher role
- Experience working in a restaurant setting preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of animal anatomy and meat preparation techniques and cuts
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- English fluency preferred
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $24 - $25/hr*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected hourly range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.