Ensure quality, consistency, and execution of all food items. Interacts with fellow team members, and supervisors in a polite and courteous and to ensure gracious hospitality
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
- Handles all allergy and/or dietary restrictions and modifications.
- Accurately follows all orders received from the POS system and/or directions from the expeditor.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of assigned station, the kitchen, and the entire venue.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, and communicate with and support co-workers, while being a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of assigned recipes with the ability to execute them to company standard.
- Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Communicates product needs to the chefs, sous chefs, and the support staff.
- Required to check cover counts, BEOs, and/or Fire Sheets.
- Properly sets-up station, performs opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Stocks station with prescribed supplies.
- Sets “mise en place” following FIFO and company standards.
- Wipes down and sanitizes station.
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
- Reports all breakage, and damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members, and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners, and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- Previous sushi culinary experience preferred.
- Experience as a sushi cook in a high-volume culinary operation preferred.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
- The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Ability to write and verbally communicate
- Must be able to move quickly
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working Environment
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment