Ci Siamo is the new restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and Chef Hillary Sterling, debuting this summer at Manhattan West. Celebrating the beauty of simplicity, Ci Siamo will center around live-fire cooking. The Italian-inflected menu takes inspiration from Chef Sterling’s extensive travels and is rooted in the understated excellence of seasonal ingredients and purposeful preparations. Ci Siamo, which loosely translates to “we’ve made it” or “we’ve arrived,” bridges the traditional with the contemporary to introduce a new space that is at once transportive yet warmly familiar. Ci Siamo looks forward to participating in New York’s revival, and welcoming the city to our home.
Who you are:
Our Servers are responsible for ensuring that all guests who dine with us have memorable experiences filled with hospitality, delicious food and drinks, and exceptional service. The Server is the backbone of our Service team and is ultimately responsible for the sale and service of our food and beverages, while acting as a leader on the floor and providing our guests with warm and attentive hospitality.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate expertise of all food and beverage menu items with sound knowledge of all ingredients and preparations.
- Consistently follow steps of service with efficiency and grace, while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service.
- Anticipate guest needs, ensuring constant communication with colleagues, management, and the kitchen at all times during service.
- Maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant both before, during and after service.
- Demonstrates a passion for service & hospitality and an eagerness to learn and grow.
What we need from you:
- 1+ years experience in a guest-facing restaurant role
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance & carry multiple plates, glass racks and or/glasses, and lift objects up to 30 lbs
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $10/hr + tips
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund