Position Summary: Ensure quality, consistency and production of all food items. Interacts with fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous and to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of all team members.
- Handles all food items by washing, chopping, and cutting according to recipe specifications.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of assigned station, the kitchen and the entire venue.
- Labels and stores all product following FIFO and company standards.
- Required to check production lists and assignments.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers while being a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of assigned recipes with the ability to produce them to company standard.
- Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Communicates product needs to the chefs, sous chefs and the support staff.
- Properly sets-up prep station and performs other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Stocks station with prescribed supplies.
- Wipes down and sanitizes station.
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
- Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Prep Cook training and Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Previous culinary experience preferred.
- Experience as a prep and/or line cook in a high-volume culinary operation preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.