Position Summary: Maintains the cleanliness, sanitary condition and safety of the venue. Interacts with fellow employees, guests and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Anticipate and accommodate all employees and guest needs.
· Provide help, training, and support to all fellow employees.
· Possess general knowledge of all food/beverage menus and general information of the venue.
· Possess general knowledge of all retail merchandise (where applicable).
· Complies with Department of Health standards.
· Complies with all Tao Group Hospitality safety codes and standards.
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Ensures the maintenance, general cleanliness and orderliness of the venue.
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Proper removal and storage of garbage, dirty service-ware and linens.
· Ensures all walkways are swept, mopped and clear of debris.
· Proper use of cleaning chemicals, soaps and supplies are essential.
· Properly set-up venue’s sanitation areas, perform side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Stocks stations with prescribed supplies
o Performs opening side-work as prescribed
o Performs closing side-work as prescribed
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
· Participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
· Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Porter training, alcohol awareness (where applicable), food handling certificate, and all specific State mandated training.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Basic understanding and ability to converse in English
· Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge, preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
· Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
· Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
· Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.