Position Summary: Ensure quality and consistency of all food menu items. Interacts with fellow employees, and
supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
• Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
• Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
• Handles all allergy and/or dietary restrictions and modifications.
• Accurately follows all orders received from the POS system and/or direction from the expeditor.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of assigned station, the kitchen and the entire venue.
• Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and supports co-workers, while being a team player.
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of assigned recipes with the ability to execute them to company standard.
• Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
• Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
• Communicates product needsto the chefs and the supportstaff.
• Required to check cover counts, BEOs and/or Fire Sheets.
• Properly sets-up station and performs opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Stocks station with prescribed supplies.
o Sets “mise en place” following FIFO and company standards. o Wipes down and sanitizes station. o Performs opening side-work as prescribed. o Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
• Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
• Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
• Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
• Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
• Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
• Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
• Tao Group Hospitality in-venue LineCook training and FoodHandlingCertificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
• Previous culinary experience preferred.
• Experience as a line cook in a high-volume culinary operation preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: • Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time. • Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs. • Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion. • Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials. • Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. • Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group
Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict
Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time
This job description is a summary of duties, which you are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an allinclusive list but is merely a broad guide to expected duties. As a team member, you should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Also, at the request of management, any team member may be asked and expected to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.