Delaware North Parks and Resorts is seeking a full-time Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team at The Westin Buffalo in Buffalo, New York. As a Housekeeping Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing the total cleanliness of all rooms, as well as assigning rooms and delegating tasks.
If you are looking for a role offering fast-paced daily work and career growth opportunities, apply today.
Receive a $750 Sign-on Bonus! Bonus is paid out over time!
Minimum pay rate: $17.50 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
Benefits at the Westin Buffalo
Join our collaborative team at the Westin in downtown Buffalo, New York. Our busy, four-diamond hotel will give you the opportunity to meet people from around the world and work with a supportive team focused on career development.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance*
- 401k with company match*
- Paid vacation days and holidays*
- Paid parental bonding leave*
- Tuition or professional certification reimbursement*
- Weekly pay
- Free shift meal
- Free parking
- 30% discount at Jake's Cafe
- Discounted room rates for employees, friends, and family
- Generous Marriott discounts
- Referral bonus – earn $200 for each eligible referral
- Training and development with opportunities for internal mobility and growth including the chance to work at our other locations nationwide
*Available for full-time, year-round team members
- Coordinate all daily activities and plan for sufficient staffing to clean guest rooms and public areas; train new housekeeping team members
- Inspect guest rooms and public outlets
- Prepare weekly inventory, check-in all supplies, and report any discrepancies; create purchase orders as needed
- Complete the daily housekeeping report; ensure all maintenance requests are handled in an efficient manner pertaining to guest rooms and department equipment
- Follows up to ensure all maintenance requests are handled in an efficient manner pertaining to guest rooms and department equipment.
- Perform cleaning duties on slower days or when staff shortages occur
- Housekeeping experience required; previous commercial cleaning and/or guest service experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Working knowledge of various cleaning utensils, dryers, vacuum cleaners, tools, and fixtures
- Ability to read in English; ability to print and speak simple sentences
- Ability to make simple addition and subtraction calculations
- Frequent walking and standing for entire length of shift
- Frequent climbing of stairs
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, and carrying
- Use of hands to operate cleaning equipment and complete scrubbing/washing duties
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Visual acuity sufficient to inspect the cleanliness of rooms and surfaces
- Working conditions include being regularly exposed to fumes and toxic or caustic chemicals, occasionally works in outside weather conditions, occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and noise level may be moderate to loud
Who We Are
Delaware North operates the Westin Buffalo, situated within the company’s global headquarters building in Buffalo, New York. The luxury lifestyle hotel offers well-appointed guest rooms, a state-of-the-art fitness center, complimentary Wi-Fi, and two signature onsite restaurants, Patina 250 and Jake’s Café. Delaware North operates this top-rated, AAA Four Diamond hotel, dating back to 2019. Team members employed at the Westin Buffalo receive Marriott travel discounts world-wide.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.