Position Summary: Ensure all service/kitchen-wares are clean and sanitized. Interacts with fellow team members, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of all employees.
- Aides in cleaning inside and outside the venue.
- Proper storage and removal of garbage and soiled linens.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dish station, the kitchen and the entire venue.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers while being a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the dish machine.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of proper usage of cleaning chemicals, equipment and supplies.
- Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Communicates product needs to the chefs and/or purchaser.
- Properly sets-up dish station and performs opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Stocks stations with prescribed supplies.
- Maintain and clean kitchen equipment.
- Wipes down and sanitizes stations.
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
- Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Dish Washer training and Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Previous porter and/or Dish Washer experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.