- Observe the guests, ensure their satisfaction with their experience at Hakkasan, speak to management for prompt action to be taken if you note any dissatisfaction amongst the guests around the restaurant
- Aim to give the best possible service, in the least obtrusive manner
- Maintain the safety and security of the restaurant/bar premises as a priority
- Inform our guests about any upcoming events at Hakkasan
- Keep the restrooms and exterior hall environment clean, tidy and presentable
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to all guests and to anybody who is entering through the reception area
- Welcome guests with an appropriate greeting, i.e., “good afternoon madam, good evening sir”
- Open bathroom doors for guests upon arrival and departures if possible
- Ensure appropriate language is used when speaking to guests, use guidelines issued during training
- Listen to and understand guests’ inquiries, take notes if necessary
- Perform all assigned duties as detailed in your opening, afternoon and closing checklists
- Assist in cleaning any spillages and wet floors when required
- Ensure the bathrooms are clean and functional before during and after operational hours
- Clean mirrors, toilets, floors and empty trash bins regularly throughout shift
- Perform regular bathroom inspections to ensure cleanliness at all times
- Monitor and respond to inappropriate guest behavior by getting management and security involved immediately
- Open bathroom doors for guests and escort or direct them to the appropriate bathroom
- Replace supplies when par levels are low including but not limited to paper towels, soap, lotion, seat covers and toilet tissue
- Monitor counters for excess water; wipe counters as needed
- Notify management and/or maintenance of any issues such as broken toilets or sinks
- Update on a daily basis the order sheet
- Ensure that “Wet Floor” signage is used on rainy days, adjacent to any spillage and during cleaning hours
- Move furniture as directed by management, including but not limited to tables, chairs, bar stools, banquettes, bar tables, boxes, equipment, etc.
- Ensure flower arrangements, incense holders and candles are presentable, tidy and neat
- Attend the training sessions and read training notes to improve your knowledge
- Give constant feedback to managers regarding our guests’ satisfaction
- Be fully conversant with every aspect of the Company’s emergency procedures
- Be fully conversant with all the Company’s policies as detailed within the employee handbook
- Be fully conversant with the geographical layout of the operation and to know the exact whereabouts of all operational equipment
- Complete any other task as assigned by management
- Look for any additional cleaning/maintenance, i.e., light bulbs out, that may be needed, ensure any maintenance items are recorded in the logbook
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to rapidly lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to load and unload small and large boxes throughout shift or as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to walk, stand and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions
- Ability to communicate in English with guests and employees
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- At least one year in related field required
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- CPR certification a plus
- Health Card in accordance with SNHD is a plus
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process and are detailed within the employee handbook.
- Must be able to understand and communicate in English
- Additional language ability preferred
- Meet minimum age requirements of jurisdiction
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures or functions
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Tao Group Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are hired, we will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or that you have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.