Position Summary: Actively takes orders, conducts full and complete beverage/food service, and monitors guests’ lounge/bar experience. Interacts with the lounge/bar guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate all needs of the guests.
- Provides professional and exceptional service.
- Presents menus, answers question and makes suggestions for all beverage and food items.
- Informs guests of all food and beverage specials, with prices.
- Required to solicit any allergy or dietary restrictions from each guest.
- Accurately enters all orders into the POS system.
- Ensures the delivery of all food and beverage to the guests.
- Maintain general cleanliness of assigned stations and entire venue.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers, be a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus, and the company.
- Serves all alcoholic beverages in accordance with all state regulations and alcohol awareness training standards.
- Follows all company procedures when providing bottle service.
- Follows proper cash/payment card procedures.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Accurately completes all end-of-shift financial procedures.
- Communicates the needs of the guests to Front-of-House and Heart-of-House support staff, managers and chefs.
- Properly sets-up cocktail lounge/bar and side stations, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Ensures all lounge furniture is clean and free of debris
- Sets tables with proper settings
- Stocks side-stations with prescribed supplies
- Performs opening & closing side-work as prescribed
- Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue cocktail server training, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Previous hospitality experience.
- Previous cocktail and/or floor server experience.
- Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Tao Group Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are hired, we will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or that you have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.