Responsible for supervising the daily activities of the heart-of-house operations and team members in accordance with
department policies and procedures. Interacts with fellow team members, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner
to ensure gracious hospitality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensures the needs of the guests are accommodated.
- Ensures the general cleanliness of the heart-of-house, and the entire venue.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, and training new applicants and team member development of all subordinates.
- Responsible for the scheduling of assigned departments (where applicable).
- Participates in growth opportunities and team member development of all heart-of-house team members.
- Ensures safety, quality, and recipe accuracy.
- Manage the execution of regular service, catering, take-out, delivery, and all in-venue/off-premise events.
- Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations; and company policies.
- Coaches and develops heart-of-house team members by setting clear guidelines and expectations.
- Responsible for all mechanical systems being in good working order and compliant with all federal, state, and local
- Ensures all team members are compliant with all heart-of-house standards and procedures.
- Responsible for checking cover counts, BEOs, and/or Fire Sheets.
- Ensures the preparation and delivery of menu-focus items to daily pre-service meetings.
- Proficient with all operational systems, which include payroll, inventory, and purchasing.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all recipes, and food menus and maintains station recipe books.
- Organize, develop and produce new recipes for potential new menu items and specials.
- Ensures the completion of all opening and closing procedures as prescribed by the company.
- Ensures expediting standards.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with all team members during service.
- Practical knowledge of the job duties of all supervised team members.
- Participates in overseeing the replacement or repair of all breakage, and damage to equipment or furniture.
- Attends, leads, and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings, or daily pre-shift meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members, and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the venue, Tao Group Hospitality, its partners, and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue sous chef training
- Minimum 2-3 years of previous Culinary supervisory/management experience within a high-volume kitchen setting
- Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong menu planning, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS, and technology.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legible
- Must be able to bend, kneel, sit, and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 5-25% Local Travel (United States)
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends
upon the guest volume
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This job description is a summary of duties, which you are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all inclusive list but is merely a broad guide to expected duties. As a team member, you should understand that a job description
is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team
members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property. In addition, attendance at
all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Also, at the request of management, any team member may be asked
and expected to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.