One of America’s most beloved restaurants, Gramercy Tavern has welcomed guests to enjoy its contemporary American cuisine, warm hospitality, and unparalleled service since 1994. Chef Michael Anthony’s fiercely seasonal menu consists of elegant dishes with a rustic influence that showcases the restaurant’s relationships with local farms and purveyors. The restaurant can be enjoyed through two distinct dining experiences: the Tavern and the Dining Room. The Tavern serves an à la carte menu in a casual, walk-in setting. The Dining Room offers fixed-price and tasting menus.
Who you are:
The Pastry Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food and pastry items for service in the restaurant. You have a strong passion for food, technique, and an eagerness to learn more, which comes with the opportunity to build on your skills and grow as a leader in the kitchen.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrate an understanding of baking and pastry techniques, production, and proper use of kitchen equipment
- Consistently ensure that station mise en place is excellently prepped, seasoned, and prepared to the standards taught by restaurant’s culinary leaders by the beginning of service.
- Maintain a sound and inquisitive working knowledge of common seasonal ingredients and retain new knowledge of ingredients used in our cuisine.
- Effectively participate in a professionally run service period, restocking stations as needed and performing last minute or special-order prep needs with a calm sense of urgency.
- Communicate effectively and hospitably with all teams throughout the day and throughout service.
- Maintain an orderly and neat work area displaying calm professionalism to promote food quality and reduce waste. Follow all recipes, portioning, proper storage and FIFO to minimize waste.
What we need from you:
- 1+ years experience as a Pastry Cook
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly Rate of $18 - $21/hour + revenue share
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund