Delaware North's Patina Restaurant Group is searching for an experienced and talented Executive Pastry Chef to join our team at Space 220 in Orlando, Florida. Our ideal Executive Pastry Chef has an exceptional knowledge of food and is dedicated to creating extraordinary dining experiences for guests.
Minimum – Anticipated Maximum Base Salary: $68300 - $92200 / year
In addition to base salary, we offer an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. The advertised pay range represents what we believe at the time of this job posting, that we would be willing to pay for this position. Only in special circumstances, where a candidate has education, training, or experience that far exceeds the requirements for the position, would we consider paying higher than the stated range. Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
At Delaware North, we care about our team members' personal and professional journeys. These are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Annual performance bonus based on level, as well as individual, company, and location performance
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement
- Generous friends-and-family discounts at many of our hotels and resorts
- Oversee the daily production of the pastry and dessert program.
- Maintain the pastry and dessert menu, utilizing all products and food ingredients with a sense of artistic talent.
- Assist in recipe development, portion specifications, and establish standard preparation procedures for all assigned dishes.
- Hire, train, and monitor the pastry team; continuously motivate and support employees; conduct performance reviews; reward and discipline individuals as necessary.
- Lead, cook, bake, and create by example while working cohesively as a part of a team with minimal supervision to complete all necessary kitchen and administrative tasks.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and participate in the correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended and ensure associates follow suit.
- Regularly inspect units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance.Ensure that all protocols are in line with health department standards.
- Be willing to gain knowledge of and maintain company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control, and hiring, counseling, termination policies.
- Acknowledge and comply with all company policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Minimum of three years' experience as a Pastry Chef with supervisory responsibilities in a restaurant, hotel, or catering company with a similar style of dining, capacity, and volume.
- Has passion for pastry and culinary excellence and is eager to improve their skills and share their craft with team and guests.
- Knowledgeable of best practices for monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development, costing, ordering, and inventory procedures.
- Ability to multitask and remain in control in a high volume, fast-paced, demanding environment, while maintaining your sense of humor.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, taking things in stride and executing with poise.
- Professional, polished appearance with the ability to interact with all types of team members.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to lead, coach, develop, and train others.
- Ability to follow and write bulk recipes for production and service.
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge including Word and Excel.
Who We Are
Mission Control invites you to join the crew at Space 220 for an expedition like no other. The planets have aligned for you to be a part of the latest cutting-edge and out-of-this-world restaurant. Help ensure a smooth departure as guests blast off to enter the International Space Station suspended 220 miles above the Earth’s surface and assist in delivering an unmatched intergalactic dining experience. With stellar views and gourmet menu offerings, Space 220 is true “The Height of Dining.” Team members receive park admission and discounts on merchandise, dining, and hotels.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.