Position Summary: Prepares all alcoholic beverages for guests and venue servers. Actively takes orders, conducts full and complete food/beverage service, and monitors guests’ bar/dining experience. Interacts with the bar guests, employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
· Provides professional and exceptional service.
· Presents menus, answers questions and make suggestions for all food and beverage items.
· Informs guests of all food and beverage specials, with prices.
· Required to solicit any allergy or dietary restrictions from each guest.
· Accurately enter all orders into the POS system and follow proper cash/payment card procedures.
· Ensures the delivery of all food and beverage to the guests at the bar and lounge (where applicable).
· Maintain general cleanliness of bar and bar area, and the entire venue.
· Makes sure all liquor displays and shelving are organized, and par levels are maintained.
· Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers, be a team player.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus and the company.
· Serves all alcoholic beverages in accordance with all state regulations and alcohol awareness training standards.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Accurately completes all end-of-shift financial procedures.
· Communicates the needs of the guests to Front-of-House and Heart-of-House support staff, managers and chefs.
· Properly sets-up the bar stations, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Ensures the bar and bar area are clean and free of debris
o Sets bar with proper equipment, and settings as required
o Wipes down bar-top, bar stools, lounge tables and chairs
o Stocks bar-stations with prescribed supplies
o Performs opening and closing side-work as prescribed
o Properly follow all beverage requisition procedures
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
· Tao Group Hospitality in-venue bartender training, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· 1-2 years of professional beverage experience.
· Previous bartending experience.
· Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
· Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
· Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
· Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays