Ci Siamo is the new restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and Chef Hillary Sterling, debuting this summer at Manhattan West. Celebrating the beauty of simplicity, Ci Siamo will center around live-fire cooking. The Italian-inflected menu takes inspiration from Chef Sterling’s extensive travels and is rooted in the understated excellence of seasonal ingredients and purposeful preparations. Ci Siamo, which loosely translates to “we’ve made it” or “we’ve arrived,” bridges the traditional with the contemporary to introduce a new space that is at once transportive yet warmly familiar. Ci Siamo looks forward to participating in New York’s revival and welcoming the city to our home.
Who you are:
A vital member of the Service team, the Support role encompasses setting up the dining room, setting tables, clearing tables, pouring water, running food, working with servers and expediters, resetting the dining room, polishing glassware and various tasks that support service at the restaurant.
What you’ll do:
- Create a welcoming and hospitable environment for guests.
- Possess an understanding of proper steps of service and engage in table maintenance and resetting with efficiency, speed and grace.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable of all menu items and proper mise to accompany each dish.
- Maintain the high standards of cleanliness and proper appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant.
- Demonstrates an eagerness to continue to learn and grow.
What we need from you:
- Experience in a guest-facing restaurant role preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to balance & carry multiple plates, glass racks and or/glasses, and lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $10/hr + tips
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund