Fifth Group Restaurants is hiring an Executive Chef to lead the BOH team at Ecco Buckhead!
The restaurant: Ecco explores the depth and diversity of bold European flavors from the comfort of our contemporary, upscale Midtown restaurant. Impeccable old-world styling, fine dining standards of service, and an unparalleled wine list will keep you coming back for more. Dine with us and enjoy our beloved fried goat cheese drizzled with honey, award-winning wood oven flatbreads, inspired pastas and inventive European-inspired mains that make the most of what’s local.
Who you are: You possess the ability to lead and manage all facets of the culinary department. Your unwavering dedication to culinary excellence, consistency, and profitable management techniques shines through in the success of your restaurant. You prioritize the growth and well-being of your team, fostering a positive work environment while nurturing the next generation of restaurant leaders. You have integrity and long-term vision.
Who we are: Are you ready to join the ranks of the Fifth Group Restaurants, where our purpose is to ignite passion and bring joy to people's lives? Since our establishment in 1993, we have been dedicated to making a mark on Atlanta's dining scene and elevating the city's culinary reputation. We cherish a work environment built on positivity, respect, diversity, and the pursuit of profitability. We value the importance of maintaining a balanced and healthy lifestyle while setting and achieving meaningful goals. If you're ready to be a part of the Fifth Group family and make a lasting impact in the world of dining, we invite you to join us as a Fifth Grouper!
- Lead and manage all aspects of the restaurant's culinary department with a focus on creativity and operational efficiency.
- Supervise Sous Chefs and provide guidance to the management team.
- Set clear expectations and hold individuals accountable for their job responsibilities.
- Develop and mentor a team of leaders for future growth within the organization.
- Ensure consistent execution of training programs for sous chefs and kitchen staff.
- Provide ongoing coaching and performance evaluations, fostering a positive work environment.
- Make hiring decisions and support Sous Chefs in the hiring process.
- Enforce company policies and procedures for managers and hourly employees.
- Manage food costing, product receiving, and invoice monitoring.
- Conduct accurate physical inventories and maintain a comprehensive purchasing program.
- Monitor and manage food costs to achieve budgeted targets.
- Control controllable expenses in collaboration with the General Manager.
- Uphold stringent standards of food quality, handling practices, and sanitation.
- Implement seasonal menu changes and maintain up-to-date recipe files.
- Educate and train both kitchen and front-of-house staff.
- Manage inventory levels to avoid shortages of menu items.
- Ensure smooth and efficient service during all volume levels.
- Maintain professionalism, cleanliness, and noise levels on the kitchen line.
- Develop relationships with regular guests and represent the restaurant at community events.
- Oversee maintenance and repairs of restaurant equipment.
- Maintain Aloha and Menulink systems related to menu changes.
- Meet food cost objectives and develop action plans to address cost issues.
- Plan and conduct Chef Chat sessions and demonstrations.
- Implement and manage BOH cleaning programs and comply with health department standards.
- Handle payroll-related paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership and be a role model for managers and staff.
- Develop and mentor sous chefs through ongoing interaction and one-on-one meetings.
- Prioritize and action-plan within a structured time management system.
- Foster a culture of communication and information sharing.
- Maintain open and honest communication with staff, managers, and owners.
Knowledge, skills, & abilities
- Commitment to embodying FGR values
- At least three years of management experience in a full service scratch kitchen
- Proven track record of meeting sales/cost targets, personal goals and developing managers
- Adept in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Solid understanding of P&L concepts, reporting and troubleshooting.
- Leadership, Coaching and Teaching abilities
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening skills)
- Passion for both guest service, employee engagement and the restaurant business
- Proactive problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Constant standing and walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling and crawling
- Occasional ascending or descending of ladders, stairs and/or ramps
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours per shift
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing and rotation of the spine, elbows and wrists
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs on a regular and continuing basis
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs, i.e. case of wine, full ice buckets, etc
- Must be able to listen and speak, for both guest and team member interaction
- Constant use of POS/Computer systems
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law