Delaware North's Patina Restaurant Group is seeking an experienced Director of Operations to lead our Florida team and oversee our portfolio of venues in the Orlando, Florida area. Strong leadership and team building skills, demonstrated business acumen in operations and P&L management, and exceptional client relationship skills are prerequisites for the position. This role is responsible for working with the team to create and execute the business unit strategies and action plans that will generate profitable growth for the Patina Restaurant Group portfolio. Our ideal candidate shares our passion for delivering the highest quality of food, wine, and service to guests - taking great pride in the impact we have on a moment or occasion. You're an inspiring leader who understands that training and developing your team is critical to the success of the team and the operation.
Minimum – Anticipated Maximum Base Salary: $132100 - $178400 / year
In addition to base salary, we offer an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. The advertised pay range represents what we believe at the time of this job posting, that we would be willing to pay for this position. Only in special circumstances, where a candidate has education, training, or experience that far exceeds the requirements for the position, would we consider paying higher than the stated range. Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
At Delaware North, we care about our team members' personal and professional journeys. These are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Annual performance bonus based on level, as well as individual, company, and location performance
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement
- Generous friends-and-family discounts at many of our hotels and resorts
- Attract and retain a high performing team.
- Oversee day-to-day operations with a focus on guest satisfaction.
- Manage client relationships in a manner that is responsive to client needs while being mindful to ROI.
- Review financial statements and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Provide solutions to operational issues from top line sales to bottom line profit targets while delivering the best in class guest experience.
- Establish standard operating procedures for front of house associates, including ensuring FOH staff are delivering great quality service that exemplifies Patina Restaurant Group.
- Ensure standard operating procedures in the back of house are followed to ensure the highest quality product is being delivered from our kitchen that follows food and menu specifications, food handling and food safety requirements, and receiving and storage procedures.
- Ensure team follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
- Lead by example by demonstrating the qualities that you expect from your high performing team.
- Directs the development and implementation strategy of operational requirements to ensure timely management and completion of critical tasks.
- Leads overall communication, alignment and coordination across multiple businesses to ensure interdependencies, risks, and opportunities are identified and appropriately actioned against.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and ability to “bring to life” compelling business cases which represent a strong value proposition by engaging the enterprise, multiple business lines, and brand of Patina Restaurant Group.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience as a Director of Operations or similar position in a large restaurant company. Catering experience is not a requirement, but would be preferred.
- Degree in hospitality or business management is preferred.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience developing and managing P&L’s; able to monitor budgets and manage service and labor costs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills to deal effectively with all types of business contacts, employee affairs, and customers.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Who We Are
Delaware North is a leader in food service management, operating some of the busiest and most famous kitchens in the world. This is no exception when it comes to serving up exquisite cuisines and unforgettable dining experiences in the Lake Buena Vista, Florida area at Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, Morimoto, Vivoli Florida, The Edison, Enzo's Hideaway and Tunnel Bar, Maria and Enzo's Ristorante, and Pizza Ponte.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.