Who you are:
The Beverage Director is responsible for ensuring the excellence, creativity, brand promise, and profitability of the bar and beverage programs within the restaurant. You serve as a leader, educator, coach and mentor to the Bar and Service Teams by inspiring and teaching skills that will elevate the core values and mission of USHG. You work with Senior leadership to make decisions that impact the financial health of the business and do so in a way that is aligned with the culture and policies of the company.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the management team to lead the service staff in ensuring that USHG provides unparalleled hospitality for every guest:
- Endlessly look for opportunities for Beverage to open doors to Hospitality and dialogue between guests and businesses.
- Guide teams in discovering ways to ‘find the yes’ for guests in a manner that upholds the integrity of USHG operations.
- Build a culture of enlightened hospitality by ensuring excellent standards of service, communication, and education.
- Use Beverage to actively drive cover counts and introduce new guests to our brand as well as encouraging existing guests to return.
- Consistently looks for internal and external opportunities to build our growing team
- Fosters a positive, collaborative work environment for both the service and kitchen teams, ensuring clear communication at all times
- Educate the Service Team on the beer, spirits, cocktail, and non-alcoholic beverage offerings for all beverage within the restaurant in a way that adds quality and value as well as enhancing guest experience while achieving and surpassing financial goals.
- Ensure that all end-of-period reports, inventories, and forecasts are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure that all beverage changes are executed properly with necessary communication and with education in mind.
- Ensure that all POS systems, inventory systems, beverage lists and any other information related to the selling of beverage are understood by the team and remain accurate and up to date.
- Maintain key relationships with other beverage / wine managers and directors across USHG. Show commitment to sharing best practices and learning from a family of professionals.
- Perform all due diligence, utilize strategy and exercise exceptional judgment in order to ensure we are getting the best possible product for the most advantageous price possible
What we need from you:
- 3+ years of restaurant beverage management experience
- Excellent Beverage knowledge – including beer, wine and spirits
- Excellent understanding of beverage inventory and cost management
- Excellent knowledge of restaurant service team roles
- Strong communication and people management skills
- Fluency in the English language
What you’ll get from us:
- Annual salary of $80,000- $85,000, plus bonus potential*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund