Position Summary: Prepares all alcoholic beverages for guests and venue servers. Actively takes orders, conducts full and complete food/beverage service, and monitors guests’ bar/dining experience. Interacts with the bar guests, employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
- Provides professional and exceptional service.
- Presents menus, answers questions and make suggestions for all food and beverage items.
- Informs guests of all food and beverage specials, with prices.
- Required to solicit any allergy or dietary restrictions from each guest.
- Accurately enter all orders into the POS system and follow proper cash/payment card procedures.
- Ensures the delivery of all food and beverage to the guests at the bar and lounge (where applicable).
- Maintain general cleanliness of bar and bar area, and the entire venue.
- Makes sure all liquor displays and shelving are organized, and par levels are maintained.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers, be a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus and the company.
- Serves all alcoholic beverages in accordance with all state regulations and alcohol awareness training standards.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Accurately completes all end-of-shift financial procedures.
- Communicates the needs of the guests to Front-of-House and Heart-of-House support staff, managers and chefs.
- Properly sets-up the bar stations, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Ensures the bar and bar area are clean and free of debris
- Sets bar with proper equipment, and settings as required
- Wipes down bar-top, bar stools, lounge tables and chairs
- Stocks bar-stations with prescribed supplies
- Performs opening and closing side-work as prescribed
- Properly follow all beverage requisition procedures
- Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue bartender training, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of professional beverage experience.
- Previous bartending experience.
- Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.