Position Summary: Makes all standard/specialty coffee and tea beverages for the dining room, cocktail lounge and bar. Interacts with the venue guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
· Maintain the general cleanliness and sanitation of the coffee station, and entire venue.
· Communicates the needs of the guests to Front-of-House and Heart-of-House support staff, servers, managers and chefs.
· Deliver coffee/tea orders, when required, to tables/bar in a timely manner, and to the correct guests.
· Clears any dirty service items from the table after delivering coffee/tea orders.
· Helps ensure guest satisfaction through active participation in service.
· Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers while being a team player.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of the coffee and tea menus, their assigned recipes and the ability to execute them to company standard.
· Possesses general knowledge of all food and beverage menus, and company policies & procedures.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Properly sets-up coffee stations, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Responsible for making sure that all perishable items (i.e. milk) have not expired and if they are promptly discarding them, alert management of the waste
o Stocks coffee-stations with all prescribed supplies
o Performs opening side-work as prescribed
o Performs closing side-work as prescribed
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
· Tao Group Hospitality in-venue barista training, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Previous hospitality experience.
· Previous barista experience.
· Previous Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
· Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion
· Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials
· Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict TAO Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.