Parc is presently conducting a search for an industry-savvy Wine Director to join our dynamic management team. The Wine Director will support all management disciplines including, but not limited to the wine program in one of Philadelphia’s most iconic & distinguished restaurants.
The Wine Director will work with colleagues to manage the floor service while also being responsible for category management of the wine program in all facets including but not limited to the following:
- The control of costs and expenses, maintaining the cellar and the wine collection, management of purchases, and maintaining relationships with purveyors and suppliers.
- Be the authority on all beverages sold in the restaurant; i.e. wine pairings, by the glass, bottle selections, beer, cocktails and n/a beverages.
- Be present to assist floor management during service, execute wine service when appropriate, assisting with selections and providing personalized guidance.
- Provide educational outlets, mentorship, and materials for the FOH staff to enrich and strengthen their skills and knowledge while keeping in line with the vision and philosophy of Parc/Starr Restaurants.
- Lead and manage in tandem with all FOH/BOH management team to provide world class service according to the standards of the company on a daily/nightly basis.
- Oversee the service team and supervise their skills in guest management and wine service, as well as maintain a high level of guidance in their growth as wine & service professionals.
- Develop and direct a wine program that adds quality, value and enhances the guest experience.
- Ensure and maintain at all times a clean, well-organized cellar, as well as walk-ins, wine fridges and all beverage storage/focused areas.
- Ensure that all POS systems, inventory systems, wine lists and any other information pertinent to the selling of beverage remain accurate and up to date and are understood & adhered to by the team.
- Select wines for the menu that justify the spirit/cuisine/theme why they have relevant impact on Parc.
- Be proactive when ordering to ensure beverage sales can be optimized.
- Be sure to confirm all pertinent information to invoices when receiving wine (vintage, vineyard, producer, pricing); add new items to inventory, wine list and POS, submit invoices within 2 days of receipt.
- Prepare for all manager meetings and pre-service lineups - detail performance, goals, target, and deadlines.
- Provide necessary education and information about wine list changes.
- Maintain an updated inventory of all product and conduct a bi-weekly inventory count.
- Print updated versions of the wine list and any beverage menu to reflect omissions and deletions of products on an as needed basis.
- Set appointments and attend industry tastings when possible, with vendors and individuals providing products to taste.
- Maintain healthy and friendly relationships with all our providers.
- Answer any guest emails or inquiries relevant to the restaurant or wine program.
- Provide ample and continuous beverage training, tasting and education to ensure staff's wine, beer, liquor and beverage knowledge is the best in our industry
- Checking punches on a daily basis to make sure Payroll goes smoothly.
- Discuss changes to the bottle list, by-the-glass, and pairing wines at lineup daily.
- Support service team to greet guests upon seating and during their meal.
- Discuss with guest’s beverage pairing options, bottle options, or by-the-glass choices.
- Execute wine service for guests in a timely, graceful, expert manner.
- Assist every member of the FOH staff in all service facets.
- Support the team: run food, clear tables, mark silverware during moments without wine service
- Supervise and execute opening and closing procedures
- Restaurant FOH Managerial experience
- Must have exceptional skills in guest services as well as staff leadership
- High functioning multitasking ability and organizational skills
- Must have an exceptional knowledge of wine, food and steps of service
- High level of expertise in all facets of wine knowledge and wine service
- Operational skills in Excel, Word, & CTUIT, as well as accounting and cost-management
- High functioning command of the English language, as well as basic knowledge of relevant languages in the field of wine.
Parc is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.