After taking the Parisian dining scene by storm, internationally acclaimed chef Daniel Rose returned to his home soil with Le Coucou, his New York City collaboration with restaurateur Stephen Starr. The Roman and Williams-designed space is a gracious modern nod to fine European gastronomy, with crisp linens, flickering candles and whitewashed brick serving as subtle framework for Rose’s vivid cooking. Updating classical French cuisine with charm and verve, Rose shrinks the intercontinental divide separating the City of Light and the Big Apple, proving that the true essence of fine French dining can thrive in any time zone.
We are conducting a national search for a well-rounded, industry-savvy Wine Director to join our team!
This position offers a comprehensive package including:
- A Base Salary Range of $100,000 - $120,000
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Coverage
- Dining Discounts at over 25 Affiliated STARR Restaurants
Position overview includes but is not limited to the following:
- The control of costs and expenses, maintaining the cellar and the wine collection, management of purchases, and maintaining relationships with purveyors and suppliers.
- Be the authority on all beverages sold in the restaurant; i.e. wine pairings, by the glass, bottle selections, beer, and n/a beverages.
- Be present on the floor during service, execute most of wine service during the evening for guests, assist with selections, and provide personalized guidance.
- Provide educational outlets, mentorship, and materials for the FOH staff to enrich and strengthen their skills and knowledge while keeping in line with the vision and philosophy of Le Coucou / STARR Restaurants.
- Lead and manage in tandem with all FOH/BOH management teams to provide world-class service according to the standards of the company on a daily/nightly basis.
- Oversee the service team and supervise their skills in guest management and wine service, as well as maintain a high level of guidance in their growth as wine professionals.
- Exceptional domestic and French wine knowledge, including strong familiarity with major Crus, Classified growths, and the myriad grape varieties and wine styles of all major growing regions
- Experience with developing and managing a cocktail and spirits program
- At least 3 years of experience as a restaurant operations manager/ beverage manager
- At least 3 years running a wine program (responsibilities should include list selection, purchasing, inventory management, staff training, etc.)
- Prior experience using a beverage inventory program preferred
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree or Certification in a hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job (specifically related to wine & beverage)
Le Coucou is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.