The Training Manager will assist in developing and facilitating training for the company. Interacts with fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Develop and maintain training content, curriculums and programs that support operations and culture for all venues and brands, based on established brand and company-wide standards.
- Execute operation-based training programs for new openings.
- Measure, evaluate, and improve learning and development programs as operational performance drivers (sales, productivity) and team member success.
- Partner with local operations team to assist with developing in-venue trainers and training.
- Administrate and support learning platforms (1Huddle, etc.) for users and content.
- Research new training ideas that will enhance training procedures.
- Identify, develop and facilitate new curriculum for training needs.
- Communicate with in-venue management and trainers to ensure that all development needs are met.
- Assist with facilitating leadership development programs for line-level employees.
- Support new openings by ensuring management & line-level employees understand Tao Group Hospitality & venue/brand standards.
- Up to date with all company policies.
- Possesses general knowledge of all venues.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- Minimum 5 years previous hospitality experience in FOH or HOH operations within a high-volume setting is essential.
- Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Hospitality, Business etc. or equivalent work experience preferred
- Must have a strong guest service foundation, ability to coach, speak publicly, problem solve, and leadership skills.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail.
- Advanced with computers (Microsoft Products), POS and technology.
- 21+ years of age
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legibly
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 5-25% Local Travel (United States)
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment