Position Summary: Actively interacts with guests, conducts full and complete food and beverage service, and monitors guests’ experience. Interacts with guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
· Provides professional and exceptional service.
· Understands how to properly execute all event formats.
· Reviews and understands all aspects of the BEO.
· Knowledge of all allergies and dietary restrictions for the event.
· Ensures the delivery of all food and beverage to the guests.
· Maintain the cleanliness of the events space and the entire venue.
· Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers while being a team player.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage being served, the venue and the company.
· Serves all alcoholic beverages in accordance with all state regulations and alcohol awareness training standards.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Communicates the needs of the guests to Banquet and Heart-of-House support staff, managers and chefs.
· Properly sets-up event stations and performs other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Stocks stations with prescribed supplies
o Performs opening side-work as prescribed
o Performs closing side-work as prescribed
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
· Tao Group Hospitality in-venue banquet server training, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Previous hospitality experience.
· General knowledge of wine and spirits.
· Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
· Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
· Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
· Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.