The Sous Chef at TAO Uptown is responsible for ensuring all food preparations are met with the highest quality standards and menu specifications. Act as a leader and mentor to the line level staff, while supporting the management in essential restaurant functions.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Efficiently operate within pre-established food and labor cost controls and plays an active role in contributing to the outlets profits.
- Maintain operational control of purchasing, receiving, purveyor lists, and inventory of all kitchen items.
- Design production schemes and assists in implementation of restaurant menu and menu engineering.
- Provide management and support of all kitchen employees ensuring proper scheduling and vacation planning.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through consistently introducing innovative products.
- Establish measurable goals and objectives that focus on profit, product and people.
- Ensure kitchen and employees meet both state and departmental requirements concerning sanitation and personal hygiene.
- Ensure all hiring practices, employee disciplinary actions, and expectations of employees are in accordance with the Federal, state and local laws as well as the Culinary Union.
- Ensure that employees have all required certification validated, i.e., Health Cards, and Alcohol Awareness.
- Provide employees with proper training and developmental opportunities that will aid in their career aspirations.
- Ensure kitchen equipment is properly maintained and functioning.
- Actively interact with guests and consistently coaches' staff on guest relations skills.
- High School Diploma Required.
- Minimum of two year (2) culinary degree preferred.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 21+ years of age.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards.
- If you are hired, we will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or that you have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years prior experience at a high volume, five-Star quality operation.
- Well versed in both classic American cuisine as well as a background in fast paced environment.
- Experience in labor and food cost control.
- Previously worked with all products and food ingredients.
- Experience planning and developing menus and recipes.
- Food handling certification.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong coaching and development skills.
- Ability to proactively lead a team.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act in a professional manner always.
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to maintain personal integrity.
- Ability to work as a team, stay organized, handle various projects at one time, follow up and make accurate decisions.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time. Tao Group is an EOE.