Responsible for supervising the daily activities of the heart-of-house operations and team members in accordance with department policies and procedures. Interacts with fellow team members, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensures the needs of the guests are accommodated.
- Ensures the general cleanliness of the heart-of-house, and the entire venue.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, and training new applicants and team member development of all subordinates.
- Responsible for the scheduling of assigned departments (where applicable).
- Participates in growth opportunities and team member development of all heart-of-house team members.
- Ensures safety, quality, and recipe accuracy.
- Manage the execution of regular service, catering, take-out, delivery, and all in-venue/off-premise events.
- Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations; and company policies.
- Coaches and develops heart-of-house team members by setting clear guidelines and expectations.
- Responsible for all mechanical systems being in good working order and compliant with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
- Ensures all team members are compliant with all heart-of-house standards and procedures.
- Responsible for checking cover counts, BEOs, and/or Fire Sheets.
- Ensures the preparation and delivery of menu-focus items to daily pre-service meetings.
- Proficient with all operational systems, which include payroll, inventory, and purchasing.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all recipes, and food menus and maintains station recipe books.
- Organize, develop and produce new recipes for potential new menu items and specials.
- Ensures the completion of all opening and closing procedures as prescribed by the company.
- Ensures expediting standards.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with all team members during service.
- Practical knowledge of the job duties of all supervised team members.
- Participates in overseeing the replacement or repair of all breakage, and damage to equipment or furniture.
- Attends, leads, and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings, or daily pre-shift meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members, and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the venue, Tao Group Hospitality, its partners, and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue sous chef training
- Minimum 2-3 years of previous Culinary supervisory/management experience within a high-volume kitchen setting is essential.
- Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong menu planning, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS, and technology
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legibly
- Must be able to bend, kneel, sit, and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 5-25% Local Travel (United States)
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment