Link Restaurant Group was founded by James Beard Award winning executive Chef Donald Link and Stephen Stryjewski, with the goal to support the continuous growth of their family of restaurants in New Orleans. Currently that includes Herbsaint, Cochon, Cochon Butcher, Peche Seafood Grill, Gianna, La Boulangerie and Calcasieu Private Dining. Growing up in south Louisiana taught Chef Link about the importance of traditions and the regions unique flavors, which helped define their guiding philosophy to produce honest, simple food.
We offer competitive wages, a company bonus plan, health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401k with company match, paid vacation accrual, paid sick days, paid parental leave, in-house dining credits, career progression and professional development.
Link Restaurant Group Sous Chefs will be responsible for assisting the Chef de Cuisine in managing production, overall quality, consistency, presentation, COGS controls, and administrative tasks.
- Maintain the standard of "excellent quality", the Sous Chef is responsible for ongoing training and communicating these standards to the BOH staff.
- Assist the Chef De Cuisine in providing "excellent quality" and "presentation" of all food to the guests. The demonstration, preparation and execution of each menu item and the item specifications and presentation will be agreed upon.
- Train, instruct and review all cook and prep cooks work for taste, quality, and presentation.
- Make decisions with FOH managers on how to remedy complaints by customers in a polite, friendly manner.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work for BOH employees based upon necessary par levels.
- Assign cleaning and maintenance work daily for dishwashers and porters and inspects to make sure they are done adequately. To include but not limited to, sweeping and mopping floors, walk in organization, trash removal, outside trash maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Handles large volume production and fast-paced service without issue.
- Work directly with cooks and fellow supervisors to oversee food quality control by constantly tasting and teaching cooking techniques that are in accordance with our standards.
- Assist in developing recipes with Chef de Cuisine.
- Works the necessary hours to help ensure the success of the restaurant. Sous Chefs may be required to work both opening and closing shifts.
- Required to work with fellow Sous Chefs to oversee daily ordering needs.
- Receive all products to ensure quality and accuracy to the order
- Work to maintain the appropriate food cost % by minimizing waste, taking proper monthly inventory, ordering in accordance with business levels, and proper product utilization.
- Expedite and work the line per the scheduling requirements needed.
- Assist with representing BOH at pre-shift meetings. Helps communicate specials, dietary concerns, procedures and furthers FOH education when appropriate.
- Assists with BOH facilities maintenance. Maintain a weekly deep cleaning schedule of all BOH equipment.
- Communicate with the BOH staff, identifying developable personnel and providing the necessary training as positions open.
- Resolves complaints from customers in a polite, friendly manner always making sure we follow up with them when needed.
- Helps with duties of other employees (i.e. sous chef, cooks, and dishwashers, etc.) when necessary because of an unexpected absence or extra volume.
- Has a strong understanding of company background and the philosophy.
- Perform administrative work-related duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED certificate, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals, prepare food costing, and prepare computer reports as required
- Culinary degree or college degree preferred but not required.
- Previous restaurant experience required.
- Previous management experience required.
- Willingness to work mornings, evenings and weekends as required.
- Strong communication skills to train and motivate employees.
- Strong time management skills and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule.
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Link Restaurant Group reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of LRG or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
LRG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Job Type: Full time
Compensation Type: Salary