Position Summary: Responsible for supervising the daily activities of the heart-of-house operations and employees in accordance with department policies and procedures. Interacts with fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Ensures the needs of the guests are accommodated.
· Ensures the general cleanliness of the heart-of-house, and the entire venue.
· Participate in interviewing, hiring and training new applicants and employee development of all subordinates.
· Responsible for the scheduling of assigned department (where applicable).
· Participates in growth opportunities and employee development of all heart-of-house employees.
· Ensures safety, quality and recipe accuracy.
· Manage the execution of regular service, catering, take-out, delivery and all in-venue/off-premise events.
· Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; and company policies.
· Coaches and develops heart-of-house employees by setting clear guidelines and expectations.
· Responsible for all mechanical systems being in good working order and compliant with all federal, state and local ordinances.
· Ensures all employees are compliant with all heart-of-house standards and procedures.
· Responsible for checking cover counts, BEOs and/or Fire Sheets.
· Ensures the preparation and delivery of menu-focus items to daily pre-service meetings.
· Proficient with all operational systems, which includes payroll, inventory and purchasing.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of all recipes, food menus and maintains station-recipe-books.
· Organize, develop and produce new recipes for potential new menu items and specials.
· Ensures the completion of all opening and closing procedures as prescribed by company.
· Ensures expediting standards.
· Communicates clearly and concisely with all employees during service.
· Practical knowledge of the job duties of all supervised employees.
· Participates in overseeing the replacement or repair of all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture.
· Attends, leads and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings or daily pre-shift meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of venue, Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
· Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Sous Chef Training, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Minimum 2-3 years previous Culinary supervisory/management experience within a high-volume kitchen setting is essential.
· Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience preferred.
· Strong menu planning, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
· Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail.
· Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS and technology.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
· Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
· Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
· Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time